Myofunctional therapy is the Neuromuscular re-education or re-patterning of the oral and facial muscles
- Oral Myofunctional Therapy (OMT) is a new revolutionary adjunctive therapy for Snoring and Obstructive Sleep Apnea Patients.
- OMT is a series of targeted exercises that increases the tone of Respiratory, Chewing and Swallowing Muscles and enhances the mobility of oral and cervical structures. Weak oro-pharyngeal muscles disrupt the air flow which leads to Snoring and periods of Apnea i.e. complete cessation of breathing.
- OMT is non-invasive, inexpensive modality that is proven to be beneficial for Snoring and Mild to Moderate Sleep Apnea.
- OMT can be learned under the guidance of an Oral Myofunctional Therapist and then self-implemented in the patient’s home.
- Therapy duration may vary for 6 – 12 months according to the severity of Apnea.