WHAT TYPES OF SYMPTOMS ARE RELATED TO SLEEP DISORDERS?
Symptoms vary by sleep disorder. Most sleep disorders include one or more of the following symptoms:
- Inability to fall asleep at night
- Inability to stay asleep at night
- Excessive daytime sleepiness
- Loud snoring or gasping sounds when you sleep
- “Sleep attacks,” loss of muscle control, or inability to move
- Unusual behaviours such as sleepwalking or sleep terrors
It is important to discuss any signs with your neurologist, because sometimes symptoms are caused by another medical condition.